Gravitec.net introduces new automation tool for our clients. As of today you can send push notifications directly from a website’s RSS feed or from your Twitter account.
In this article, we’ll review how to launch automated push campaigns.
RSS to Push, Tweet to Push
Both new options help to speed out creation of new campaigns. Instead of manual copying and editing of a content from different channels, websites can automatically generate and send the same info. Gravitec.net platform provides clients with an opportunity to connect RSS feed and a Twitter account to a web push profile. In this case, push notification creation is based on webpages metadata included into RSS feed or posts in Twitter.
Thus, your RSS news or Tweets will be displayed on subscribers’ device screens via push notifications.
These options are suitable for news websites, online media, and company blogs with frequently updated posts. Depending on channels used for a website promotion (Twitter, RSS), you can choose a tool for an automated content sharing. Push campaigns reach another part of a website’s audience; provide customers with instant messages directly on their device screens.
Let’s find out how it works in detail.
How to start RSS to Push campaign?
Tap ‘Add new RSS-channel’.
- Select a website’s categories for campaigns creation. The system will send push notifications based on your choice. For example, your subscribers will receive messages from Best Practices and Case Studies categories only, if you select them in RSS to Push settings.
- Set a campaigns limit per day according to your tariff plan and marketing strategy.
- Change an icon for your RSS to Push campaigns. It will be used if the system can’t find an image in a RSS item. By default, an image is uploaded from a webpage metadata used in your RSS feed.
- Click ‘Save’ to start RSS to Push campaigns.
Tweet to Push
Click ‘Edit’ button to set a campaign’s algorithms.
The steps of Tweet to Push campaign creation are similar to the previously reviewed option.
- Instead of categories, select hashtags to send campaigns on chosen topics.
- Set a campaign limit per day.
- Change a default icon for notifications if the system can’t upload one from a webpage metadata.
- Click ‘Save’ to activate automation.
The system automatically generates web push campaigns according to your posts on the selected Twitter account. Every subscriber will receive the set number of notifications per day. The push platform generates campaigns from tweets with predefined hashtag. If there are no hashtags, the system will create notifications based on all tweets in your account.
Your post in Twitter will trigger generation and sending of a push message. As soon as a post is published, a push notification is sent.
In a Tweet to Push campaign, a notification consists of a title, text and image from a webpage metadata bound to a tweet. A tweet text itself is not a basis for a notification creation.
- RSS to Push and Tweet to Push options allow clients to launch campaigns in multiple channels at a time.
- The system generates notifications content automatically from a webpage metadata bound to a tweet or RSS feed.
- Push campaign is triggered by a post of a tweet or an article on a website.
- A number of campaigns is limited for a Free plan (five campaigns a day). Every subscriber will be receiving a preset number of notifications per day.
- You can check campaign statistics for each block (Tweet to Push, RSS to Push) by clicking on History button.
If you have any questions on how to launch an automated push campaign, please, contact our support team.