When it comes to push notifications, unique content attracts attention from subscribers, which, in turn, leads to increased clicks. To engage customers, you need to create interesting campaign concepts, events, and offers for users.
Here, we introduce some ideas you might use for your campaigns. Or, perhaps they will serve to get your own creative juices flowing!
Basic features of web push composition
- Web push notifications pop up on mobile and desktop devices. Web push has different character limits and image sizes depending on various OS and/or browsers.
- A push message contains a title and a description, an icon, and a web page URL. On top of that, you can add emojis and use rich web push capabilities – big images and extra buttons.
- Push notifications pop up when you send them! So, you should carefully select the time to send notifications, so that they are most effective. Investigate when your audience is more active, and ready to make a purchase decision or read website info.
- Use trigger and personal notifications. To shorten the distance between a company and a client, send messages that match the user’s requests.
This notification reminds a visitor of their interest, demonstrates attention to customer needs, and increases chances to get a transaction completed.
To use segmentation by tags, aliases, triggers, integrate push technology with your website via REST API.
- Using a variety of Topics can make push campaigns more attractive to subscribers. They maintain their interest in company alerts because they always receive something new and unexpected. You can use events, economic or political news, personal offers, discounts, etc. to vary the content of your push notifications.
Check for push notification examples and use cases.
10 Funny notification examples
Here, we use some popular funny app push texts and turn them into web push notifications. This will show you the benefits of web push technology capabilities.
Learn more about the difference between app and web push notifications
Netflix sends app push notifications to targeted groups by interests. For example, one audience segment watches a comedy series, and another is interested in detective shows. In the same way, using web push technology you can tag subscribers by their actions on a website. Then, while creating a notification, select the relevant tag for a specific group.
For this example, we’ve added an image from the series and a CTA button. The image visually lets the recipient know the topic. Netflix’s URL (instead of push.gravitec.net) shows the sender. The CTA button helps the subscriber make a decision immediately.
Campaigns for a mass audience
For browser notifications, we can add an icon or a big image of The Beatles.
The photo in the last rendition tends to evoke more emotion than the first two. This will have a positive effect on the campaign results. On average, a rich web push with a big image results in roughly two times higher CTR. Thus, it boosts a visitor’s retention to a website as well.
Triggered push notifications
Social networks use triggered push notifications constantly. In this way, users are notified about new messages by apps or websites.
The alert contains two buttons for an instant response. You can accept a personal request or decline it.
Gravitec.net’s push platform allows customers to send personalized messages from a website. Instead of a tag, we use an alias to identify an individual user.
Transactional notifications alert users about their personal actions, payment, delivery conditions, etc.
The funny text from Amazon references Star Wars. The recipient gets a pleasant impression of the company due to the message. It increases customer loyalty.
Instead of Amazon’s logo, we might use an image from Star Wars. However, in this example, we are focusing on the company’s written interaction with the subscriber.
Apps can also use a geotargeting tool to send info to subscribers based on their location.
Web push technology provides marketers the ability to create campaigns targeting a region. Once a visitor subscribes, their browser provides the Gravitec.net system with their location info. Thus, you can segment the audience, and send separate messages, to people in different countries, cities, etc.
The Latest News
Web push is widely used by mass media due to its cross-platform feature. A user clicks once, while visiting a website via any browser, and becomes a subscriber. Media websites send notifications more frequently than eCommerce sites. They have more news, occasions to interact with readers.
There is one more funny push notification. It consists of an intriguing title and description. In our experience, this approach is very successful!
Funny ads can be more memorable, but don’t always net a high CTR.
Here is an example with well-tested text elements, to invite subscribers to an interaction.
- To notify subscribers about a live stream or an online course you can use a time limitation, or tell them the number of people is already there. We’ve added the ‘Watch’ button to reinforce our intentions.
- The last example is from the Black Friday campaign of a Gravitec.net client. We composed the message with a reference to a popular movie to make it funny and noticeable. We added a big image and two buttons to make it interactive.
This campaign had good results due to its intriguing content, timely offer, and event popularity.
Funny texts in web push notifications arouse subscriber interest, make messages more memorable, and increase audience loyalty. Furthermore, you can use rich web push options, segmentation tools, and triggered alerts, in order to enhance your CTR. The more variety you use, the more clicks you will get.
If you have any questions about push campaigns, please contact our support team.