Occasionally we need to send emails to more than one addressee. It’s very simple task. For example, in Gmail just enter the names you need into the ‘To’ field and that’s it. However, we can face another problem if we want to hide all the addresses from our recipients.
How to manage this option? In this article, we will learn how to send email to multiple recipients without them seeing each other. We will consider the main steps of solving this issue with Gmail and Outlook email client.
How to Send Same Email to Multiple Recipients Separately in Outlook
Cc or carbon copy means that recipients added to this field will get the copy of your message. The addresses are visible here.
Bcc or blind carbon copy stands for the same function with the only one difference. The addresses are hidden from recipients.
Both tools are available in Outlook and Gmail.
To send the same email separately to various users in Outlook follow the guide below.
- Find and add the Bcc field for your message. Go to ‘Options’ and in the ‘Show fields’ section select Bcc.
- After this action Bcc box will be set by default for every new message.
- To send emails to small groups where everybody knows each other, use Cc field. Enter the addresses in it. You need to separate each contact with a comma.
- Fill in the Bcc line just like the previous one if you want to hide addresses from recipients. No one can see what you’ve added to this field.
However, there are some problems with this messaging style.
- Emails with hidden recipients may be considered as spam by the ISPs (internet providers). In this case, some of your addressees will not receive the message.
- Generally, the number of addresses for bulk messaging is limited by ESPs (email service provider) to prevent suspicious activity.
To bypass the first trouble fill in the ‘To’ field. For example, you can put your own address in here. It doesn’t guarantee delivery to all recipients but increases the chances of succeeding. If you are stuck with sending due to restrictions on the addresses number, divide your contact list into several parts.
In order to warn recipients about your email sending to several addresses at once use ‘Undisclosed recipients contact’. It’s not a special email client feature, but the visible mark you enter to notify the audience about non-personalized messaging.
How to send a mass email and hide recipients in Outlook with Undisclosed mark?
- Select ‘People’ item in the Outlook Navigation menu
- Go to ‘Contacts’ window, choose ‘Home’ tab click the ‘New contact’ button.
- Set the name ‘Undisclosed recipient’ for the address you want to use for bulk emails as sender.
- Save changes. Now to send email to multiple recipients you can just select created contact and add it into the ‘To’ box. Other steps are similar to those described above.
How to Send an Email to Undisclosed Recipients From Gmail
Let’s find out how to set Undisclosed recipients contact in Gmail. Gmail is simpler than Outlook and takes just three steps to send email with hidden addresses.
- Open your Gmail and click ‘Compose’ to create new email.
- In the ‘To’ field enter ‘Undisclosed recipients’ and add your address after it (for instance, firstname.lastname@example.org). There is our example.
- Next, fill in the Bcc field with addresses from your recipients list.
- Enter the email subject, paste your message template if you have one, fill in the body, and click ‘Send’.
That’s it. Your contacts will receive the message without seeing each other.
This feature is convinient for infrequent emails for a group with numerous participants. It’s very useful for messages to two or three addresees. For example, to make a blind copy for your director in business matter.
However, follow the main tips to prevent your emails from going to spam.
For using bulk emails in the marketing strategy, you should involve more advanced methods.
Bulk messaging and email services
Instead of using basic email client options for business promotion, companies launch email campaigns via special services. Thus, you are getting the wide functions range for proper marketing activity.
Email services benefits for bulk messaging:
- You have an access to delivery reports and campaign statistics. A service provide info about sent, delivered and opened messages.
- Your emails are defended of getting into the spam folder.
- You are planning your campaign by the best practices considering customers interests, convenient delivery time, etc.
- Users segmentation and personalization are extremely important email marketing features. To achieve high results and increase business profits you should know your clients requests to provide them with relevant offers.
- You can customize emails with your own professional template set.
- Email services save marketers time in campaign planning and launch.
- All your addresses from a contact list will be hidden from recipients.
Besides, you can use bulk emails in multi-channel marketing strategy with instant messengers, push notifications, text messaging, etc. All these tools are often available in one service.
Gravitec company provides clients with clear recommendations for proper marketing campaigns launch. Our customers get access to the control panel for settings management, planning, statistics tracking. You have your personal account with activated marketing channels you need.
Let’s summarize all the above information.
To hide email address from other recipients from your contact list:
- Enter it to the ‘Bcc’ box. Find this option in your email client settings. Gmail provides the easiest way to make it.
- To avoid troubles of going email into spam, add your own address to the ‘To’ field.
- Note the number of contacts before email sending. ESPs may set limitations.
- Use ‘Undisclosed recipients’ mark to warn your addressees about bulk messaging. Add this name for your email address to use it constantly in the ‘To’ box.
- Use special services for email marketing to send promotional messages to recipients list. Email services allow to interact with customers complexly. They have unique features and benefits in statistics collection, personalization, etc.
Now you know how to send emails to multiple recipients without them knowing. We’ve considered the main features of bulk emails with basic and advanced set of functions.
If you have any questions about email campaign launch, please contact our support team.
Learn more about bulk email campaigns and ways of service integration.