Browser notifications were developed so that websites could easily and quickly share news with their audience. However, these notifications can become intrusive and browser users needed a simple way to limit, or even eliminate them. Firefox gives its users the ability to easily manage settings to improve user experience with notifications.
In this article, we review how to enable or disable Firefox notifications on desktop and mobile devices.
How to Turn Off Notifications in Firefox
Nevertheless, it is very easy to set the notification settings in Firefox for any operating system.
- Scroll to ‘Permission’ block and click on ‘Settings’ opposite to a ‘Notifications’ item
- You will find the list of websites with notification options. All of these sites have requested permission to send notifications.
- For each website, select the desired status – ‘Allow’ or ‘Block’.
- You can remove any, or all, websites from the list.
- To block new requests asking to allow notifications, select the corresponding option below.
- When you are finished, click ‘Save changes’.
That’s all there is to it!
To disable desktop notifications on Mac OS, follow the same steps as for Windows, above. Only, instead of ‘Options’, you will select ‘Preferences’ in the Firefox menu.
You can receive notifications from both websites and apps on Android. Read more about push notification types.
For example, Facebook sends notifications about new messages or events, which pop up at the top of the screen. Website notifications appear the same on Android devices.
To block Firefox notifications on your smartphone, go to the browser Menu.
- Tap Settings
- Select ‘Notifications’
- Next to ‘Product and feature tips’, turn the toggle switch to ‘Off’.
(Note: To enable notifications, turn the toggle switch to ‘On’.)
The same steps to disable notifications in Firefox are relevant for iOS devices. At any time, you can stop receiving these pop ups.
How to use notifications properly?
It is strictly your decision from which websites you wish to receive notifications. When notifications from a website are allowed, you will be made aware of special offers and important news. However, don’t forget that you can choose to disable notifications at any time, and for whatever reason.
Learn more about push notification benefits.