- 1 Invite Others to Guest Blog on Your Website
- 2 Create a Viral Content
- 3 Start a Podcast
- 4 Create Automated Email Segments
- 5 Make Sure Your Website Loads With Excellent Speed Everywhere
- 6 Establish a Trusted Profile across Online Communities
- 7 Be Active in the Comment Section, Even in Old Ones
- 8 Use Push Notifications
- 9 Let’s summarize
While creating B2B or B2C company’s website you need to plan how to get traffic. Strategies of traffic generation depends on your niche and budget. The fastest but the most expensive way is to use ads: banners, blocks in Google search, Facebook target campaigns, etc. Search engine optimization (SEO) operates with many complex methods, but it needs time to gain traffic flow.
Learn more about SEO tips for blog promotion.
In this article, we will discuss the unorthodox ways to get website traffic and provide you with proven strategies you can use for any webpage.
Invite Others to Guest Blog on Your Website
Guest blogging works in two sides and those both provide excellent opportunities to attract new users to your website.
We’ve mentioned on how to find influencers and write articles for their blogs in our previous post.
Bloggers are interested in spreading their content and getting backlinks. Therefore, they’ll accept your invitation to post on your website with pleasure. On the other hand, you’ll get new qualified content from leaders of your niche. Besides, due to shares and the article promotion by bloggers on their own, new targeted readers will visit your site.
Pay attention on how to engage and return them to your platform. Use Call to Action buttons, lead magnets, block of recent and popular posts, notify new users about your company services. To get those users back provide a page with opt-in options (email, push notifications, social networks, etc.)
Create a Viral Content
Viral content means texts, videos, etc. getting overwhelming number of social shares and views. This content attracts a lot of traffic; therefore, its creation is so valuable for a website.
How to generate a viral content?
- Define the targeted audience segment and their interests, requests, language, special words.
- Pic the relevant topic of a high demand. Explore Quora questions, comments on popular blogs of your niche, reviews. Check Google search for unsolved topics and requests.
- Headlines of viral texts or videos force users to open a link. They are intriguing, ambiguous, giving rise to curiosity. Besides, clickable headlines provide readers with clear range of solutions. For example, ’10 proven ways to get 3 times more traffic in just 1 month’.
- Pay attention to a content quality. It have to be useful or entertaining. Viral content amuses readers, gives them something new, warns them about danger or makes them laugh. It can be the list of advices or inspiring quotes, as well. The most shareable posts encourage people to feel better about themselves.
To find examples of viral content in Buzzsumo check the most shared posts by keywords related your industry.
Start a Podcast
Ask people from your industry for an interview. The more influencers you engage, the better results you get. You can use this content as a text for a company blog or as an audio for a podcast. Publish podcasts on eternal platforms. This approach will provide you with additional audience.
Audio content of high value can be published on online media of your industry, as well.
Besides, with podcasts, your users get extra option to download an audio instead of text reading. The value of the website is higher in this case. This content is more interactive and shareable. Moreover, it’s a good way to gain the company authority, to build its own brand.
Create Automated Email Segments
Newsletters, alerts, offers or triggered emails have different goals and audience segments. When you create contact lists pay attention to the way of users opt-in, their behavior, interests, etc. Divide the subscriber base depending on these characteristics to send relevant emails according to users’ needs. Targeted campaigns have better open rate and CTR. Thus, you return loyal visitors, keep them engaged, increase your website traffic.
Read more on how to prevent your emails from going to spam folder.
Generally, after subscription a user gets emails with only new posts on your website. Instead, when you get new subscribers make the email course to educate them about all previously posted related articles. Introduce the most popular materials to the reader, even if they were published a year ago. This approach will bring more traffic to your old posts and your subscriber will get info gradually going deeper into your brand.
Make Sure Your Website Loads With Excellent Speed Everywhere
Low website load speed increases the bounce rate. If loading takes more than 1-2 seconds, improve your website performance.
You can take a speed test on Pingdom.com or with other specialized services.
Follow the Google tips to reduce load time as well. You’ll get even more advices on how to increase load speed for both mobile and desktop.
Use mobile responsive design and proven plugins (WordPress). Remove all unused elements, make sure your media content is hosted on the external sources. The more you decrease load time, the more users visit your webpage.
Establish a Trusted Profile across Online Communities
Trusted profiles are extremely valuable for business. They are a part of the company brand just like a website.
Search for niche communities through Facebook. Establish your own company profile with everyday activity.
- Leave useful comments on popular posts.
- Post and share content on your page.
- Use content curation to provide readers with the best info of your industry.
- Follow influencers, explore their behavior and use their experience.
- Collaborate with influencers providing them with new opportunities or topics.
Every social network has their own tricks on how to attract new followers. Use those platforms where your targeted audience is already engaged to achieve results faster.
Check Quora and niche forums for relevant topics, as well. Comment them and promote your profile gradually to increase your authority.
If your profiles engage targeted users from online communities all over the web, your website traffic will constantly increase.
Be Active in the Comment Section, Even in Old Ones
Users’ comments on your website make your credibility higher for search engines and new visitors. Question answering is your first duty to build trusted relationships with consumers.
With successful SEO strategy, your old posts will get new readers from search results. Pay attention to every new comment you get. Provide users with meaningful answers and advices. Your additional info will complement the page content. It’s good indicator for search engines. Besides, your readers will get expanded information on the topic; they will spend more time on the website.
Moreover, search for users comment on your topics through other websites. Be active in the comment section to attract new readers to your platform or a blog. Just like in trusted profiles building, provide info of high quality. If links sharing is allowed on a website where you leave comments, put links to useful content on your site sometimes. However, avoid spamming. In this way, you can grab readers attention in comment section of different niche websites and redirect them to your web pages. Thus, you’ll get free traffic from all over the web.
Use Push Notifications
Push notifications are very effective for users retention. Install this tool in just three steps: Registration – Website adding – Integration.
In 30 minutes, you’ll get an opportunity to start collecting a subscriber base.
It’s much easier than email sending, because users have to click once for web push subscription.
Read more about push notifications and their features.
If you notify users about new offers, posts or services, they will come back to your website repeatedly.
To get highest CTRs use segmentation tool for personalized and targeted campaigns.
Get website traffic with unorthodox ways:
- Use guest blogging.
- Figure out on how to create viral content.
- Publish podcasts with transcript.
- Send targeted emails even with old content.
- Check load time for your website and improve its performance.
- Establish trusted social network and niche forums profiles.
- Leave comments on the websites of your industry.
- Install push notifications on your website to return visitors faster.
If you have any questions about digital marketing channels, please contact our support team.